Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Anyone afraid of spiders?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Anyone afraid of spiders?

    THIS amazing image of a mammoth spider devouring a bird was taken in the backyard of a property near Cairns.

    The image, which is being cirulated via email worldwide, is real, according to wildlife experts, The Cairns Post reported.

    The photo, believed to have been taken earlier this week, shows the spider clenching its legs around a lifeless bird trapped in a web at a property near Atherton, west of Cairns.

    Joel Shakespeare, the head spider keeper at NSW's Australian Reptile Park, has told ninemsn the spider was a golden orb weaver.

    "Normally they prey on large insects, it's unusual to see one eating a bird," he said.

    Mr Shakepeare said he had seen golden orb weaver spiders as big as a human hand but the northern species in tropical areas were known to grow larger.

    Mr Shakespeare told ninemsn the bird, a chestnut-breasted mannikin which appears frozen in an angel-like pose in the pictures, is likely to have flown into the web and got caught.

    "It wouldn't eat the whole bird," he said.

    Click to see pic

    http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...009760,00.html

  2. #2
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone afraid of spiders?

    Got bit by a brown recluse spider once. I've been terrified of spiders ever since.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone afraid of spiders?

    I'm scared to death of them, I'd probably piss my pants if I saw this in person.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone afraid of spiders?

    Heheheh my dad is terrified of them - I'm sending him this article!
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    The_Sage
    Guest The_Sage's Avatar

    Re: Anyone afraid of spiders?

    I'm not really afraid of them, but I kill everyone I can!!!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_MOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2002
    Posts
    1,099
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone afraid of spiders?

    I HATE spiders, can't stand em, don't even like the thought of em
    "Why so serious?"

  7. #7
    Inactive Member ibe4warriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    957
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone afraid of spiders?

    Absolutely terrified of them....I will not even go to the link!
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone afraid of spiders?

    I'm absolutely terrified of spiders over the size of a 50 cent piece. I saw that picture and a shudder ran over me. If that thing were to get on me, I'd suffer instant cardiac arrest.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone afraid of spiders?

    I'd have a heart attack and probably a fatal panic attack on top of that at the sight of one in person.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_MOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2002
    Posts
    1,099
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone afraid of spiders?

    You know what the really crappy thing is. I'd heard on tv or somewhere before, that on average a human will eat 3-4 spiders per year in their sleep as they just crawl right into your mouth. I can't imagine what the hell I would do if I woke up to a spider crawling in my mouth.
    "Why so serious?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •